24 September, 2006

In the Designated Area (II)...

On Friday I went along to the Parliament protest to register my disgust at various items:

































There seemed to be slightly less people this time - only about 100 - but there was a lot of different people from last time, so maybe the word is spreading...

Some of my favourites:



We also had some political representation in the name of London's Lib Dem MEP Sarah Luford.



































Hopefully at the next one there'll be more of our elected representatives...

I've got a load more photos over on Flickr.

From now on it’s a monthly thing, taking place the third Wednesday of the month. The next one is on 18th October, with the forms being handed in on 11th October.

I’m actually thinking of going along to the next one, but not getting permission in advance. What I’ve noticed with the other two that I’ve been to is that the police don’t check whether you have the forms, as long as there’s quite a big group of you present. So, what I’m thinking of doing is not getting permission, but still go and protest, just to see what the police actually do… anyone else interested? Of course, there can’t bee too many of us without permission, as it’d ruin it completely, and, obviously, the police would have a record of the number of people who’ve been given permission and the numbers actually present.

No comments: