21 December, 2006

The Lone Carol Singer

I've stuck photos on Flickr from last night's SCOPA Carol Service/Protest. I'll do a proper write-up over the weekend...

UPDATE: I'll only do a short write-up on what happened as it's been more than adequately covered by Davide, Rachel and Tim, amongst others, and there's not that much to add, apart from the fact that I'd already decided on my SCOPA form to protest against carol singers - I was being seasonal, I didn't know at the time that Tim had this planned!

This was the coldest one yet - guess the freezing fog that's hanging around the Village and south-east England didn't help. It was more a case of keep moving and try and prevent frost-bite, even if you're not actually protesting...

After the usual one hour Tim handed out song sheets and candles and a saxophonist led us in traditional Christmas songs (one of the things I was protesting against!). Tim also passed round a bucket for charity and we raised over £80 plus 75 eurocents.

I should have worn more than one pair of socks - my toes went numb! - but at least we got warmed up in the pub afterwards - yay alcohol! - where Rachel handed out little muffins and I dished out some choccies I had on me (thank you work!).

Hi to the Disillusioned Kid, Rabbit Strike and the Chris from Radio 5's Pods & Blogs site.

1 comment:

Sewmouse said...

So then, nobody was arrested at the singing thing?

I only just learned about this today and am fascinated from the other side of the pond.