27 November, 2005

More Parliament protests

Some more people have been arrested for an unauthorised protest within 1 km of Parliament.

Two women were arrested on Friday 25th November while holding a bell-ringing ceremony outside Parliament to remember the estimated 100,000 people who had died since the beginning of the war in Iraq.


However, according to Indymedia UK (at least some of) the police don't seem to support the law:

One policeman was heard saying 'I wish I could join you. I wish I could do what you're doing. This is filthy. This is very hard for all of us'.

The women were taken to Charing Cross Police Station but later released without charges. As well as being reluctant to arrest, the Police also seemed concerned at the possibility of two more people challenging the new laws.


This may explain the lack of action when I put a new sign up in the "Designated Area"... I wonder if they've mentioned their concerns to the head of the Met Police Sir Ian "Give us more powers for your own good" Blair?

Civil disobedience can make any law unworkable, as seems to be happening!

No comments: